Data Solutions Specialist
OneSpace is a team of passionate individuals all working toward the same goal: to help consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies improve their performance on the world’s largest online retailers. To accomplish this goal, our expert team members work side by side with our customers to deliver full-service digital shelf management solutions that put their products front and center in the digital world. Using our sophisticated and ﬂexible platform, our team improves and optimizes their ecommerce product content at unrivaled speed and scale.
Our clients include the world’s leading CPG brands and retailers. We have helped them increase their discoverability and conversions online, while creating streamlined content production processes that improve their speed to market.
Data Solutions Specialist
As a OneSpace Data Solutions Specialist, you will work with key stakeholders to design and build project plans that help clients execute their strategic business objectives. You will be responsible for gathering requirements and proposing technical solutions for new and existing clients. You will be a subject-matter expert in the OneSpace platforms, our client’s PIM providers and ecommerce data management.
In this role you will:
- Manage the core components of client projects, including:
- Working with Client Success Managers to understand client needs
- Writing project instructions for freelancers that are clear and concise
- Designing and creating project plans within our proprietary software
- Identifying areas for improvement on projects and proposing appropriate solutions
- Reviewing and approving all project deliverables to ensure quality standards and project expectations are met
- Coach freelancers’ performance throughout the lifecycle of a project via email and forums; including resolving disputes, communicating instruction changes, and providing constructive performance feedback.
- Within defined parameters, develop incentives for freelancers, motivating them to improve turnaround time and increase productivity
- Work closely with clients and development teams as data is being gathered to ensure comprehensive and accurate transfer of information
- Manage technical implementation/integration of solutions with Salsify or other PIM providers for CPG clients
- Manage large sets of data to ensure it is standardized using advanced Excel functions; this is often achieved by combining multiple data sets
- Coordinate multiple projects at once, keeping track of all deadlines, deliverables, and associated tasks
- Provide daily direction and communication to the team so that projects are completed on time and meet quality guidelines and budget
- Work closely with clients to help them identify how OneSpace can help them solve business problems while keeping expectations within OneSpace capabilities and contractual parameters
- Demonstrate you are a self-starter who can work in a rapidly changing environment and tolerate ambiguity, demonstrating problem-solving leadership with limited supervision
- Recognize the urgency of situations and respond proportionately
- Establish procedures and processes that support OneSpace and departmental standards, values and strategic directives
- Be an expert user of the platforms
- Travel as necessary, as much as once a month
To win in this role you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business Administration, Data Management, Computer Science or related field of study preferred) and a minimum of 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience
- Advanced Excel skills (Advanced = 3+ years experience), including VLOOKUP and PivotTables
- Experience using basic HTML
- A passion for technology and innovation
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills both verbally and in writing
- Phenomenal organizational skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think strategically about team direction
- Excellent benefits with significant portion of premiums paid by the company
- Fully stocked snacks and beverages
- Positive, friendly, team focused culture
- 15 paid holidays
- PTO starting at 12 days per year
- Onsite fitness equipment
- Pet-friendly office with free parking, free haircuts, free oil changes, free lunch Fridays, and more!
When applying with your resume and cover letter, please also include answers to the following:
- Are you comfortable setting up a PivotTable on your own?
- Do you understand the fundamental usage for a VLOOKUP?
- What are your favorite shortcut keys in Excel?
- In this role, you must be able to analyze data that can be messy and may often be thousands of row and/or columns long in order to standardize it. Have you ever worked with Excel files that extensive before?
- Walk us through the steps you would take to apply conditional formatting to a range of cells in order to highlight and then remove duplicate values.
- Why would you use data validation in an Excel file?