Last month, our CEO, Stephanie Leffler, spoke at the Tedx St. Louis conference about the state of the online workplace and how today’s workers can best connect with companies. Though the full presentation is filled with expert insights into today’s workforce, here are our top nine favorites. (Tweet if you agree!)
1. 1 in 3 Americans are freelancers. (Tweet this!)
2. By 2015, more than 1.3 billion people will work virtually. (Tweet this!)
3. By the end of 2014, 3.3 billion people will be connected online.(Tweet this!)
4. In the United States, 80% of households have an Internet connection. (Tweet this!)
5. In 2013, 58% of businesses spent double on the online workforce. (Tweet this!)
6. 30% of today’s labor force are Millennials. (Tweet this!)
7. 81% of Millennials think they should set their own schedules. (Tweet this!)
8. 30% of Millennials would leave their job if they got a better offer. (Tweet this!)
9. Average company tenure of a Millennial is 2 years, compared to the 10 year tenure of baby boomers. (Tweet this!)
Watch the full presentation below or on YouTube.
Follow us on Twitter for more insights on the state of the online workplace!