Thanks for choosing OneSpace!
At OneSpace, we want to give you the best possible experience to ensure that you enjoy our service today, tomorrow, and in the future. To do this, we need to understand your preferences so we can deliver an exceptional and personalized service specifically for you. That said, your privacy and the security of your personal data is, and will always be, enormously important to us. So, we want to transparently explain how and why we gather, store, share and use your personal data – as well as outline the controls and choices you have around when and how you choose to share your personal data.
2. About this Policy
This Policy sets out the essential details relating to your personal data relationship with OneSpace. The Policy applies to all OneSpace services, including but not limited to Merchandiser, juggle.com, crowdsource.com, onespace.com, work.onespace.com, projects.onespace.com, insights.onespace.com, transcribe.com, write.com, manager.onespace.com, developer.onespace.com, and any associated services (referred to as the ‘OneSpace Service’). The terms governing your use of the OneSpace Service are defined in our Terms of Service (the “Terms of Service”).
From time to time, we may develop new or offer additional services. If the introduction of these new or additional services results in any change to the way we collect or process your personal data, we will provide you with more information and additional terms or policies. Unless stated otherwise when we introduce these new or additional services, they will be subject to this Policy.
The aim of this Policy is to:
- Ensure that you understand what personal data we collect about you, the reasons why we collect and use it, and who we share it with;
- Explain the way we use the personal data that you share with us in order to give you a great experience when you are using the OneSpace Service; and
- Explain your rights and choices in relation to the personal data we collect and process about you and how we will protect your privacy.
We hope this helps you to understand our privacy commitments to you. For information on how to contact us if you ever have any questions or concerns, please see the ‘How to Contact Us’ Section 14 below. Alternatively, if you do not agree with the content of this Policy, then please remember it is your choice whether you want to use the OneSpace Service.
3. Your rights and your preferences: Giving you choice and control
You may be aware that a new European Union law, called the General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR” gives certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. Accordingly, we have implemented additional transparency to help users be aware of those rights. As available and except as limited under applicable law, the rights afforded to individuals are:
- Right of Access – the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you;
- Right to Rectification – the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to Breach Notification – the right to be notified within 72 hours of a data breach that is likely to result in a risk to your privacy rights;
- Right to Erasure – the right to request that we delete your personal data;
- Right to Restrict – the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data;
- Right to Object –
- the right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- the right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes;
- Right to Data Portability – the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service; and
- Right not to be subject to Automated Decision-making – the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
4. How do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data in the following ways:
- When you sign up for the OneSpace Service – when you sign up to the OneSpace Service, we collect certain personal data, so you can use the OneSpace Service such as your email address, name, company and title.
- Through your use of the OneSpace Service – when you use the OneSpace Service, we collect personal data about your use of the OneSpace Service, such as what keywords you are tracking and what watchlists you have created.
- Personal data collected that enables us to provide you with additional features/functionality – from time to time, you also may provide us with additional personal data or give us your permission to collect additional personal data e.g. to provide you with more features or functionality. You always will have the option to change your mind and withdraw your consent at any time.
- From third parties – we will receive personal data about you and your activity from third parties, including advertisers and partners we work with in order to provide you with the OneSpace Service (please see ‘Sharing your personal data’ Section 7 below). We will use this personal data either where you have provided your consent to the third party or to OneSpace to that data sharing taking place or where OneSpace has a legitimate interest to use the personal data in order to provide you with the OneSpace Service.
We use anonymized and aggregated information for purposes that include testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, creating marketing and promotion models, improving the OneSpace Service, and developing new features and functionality within the OneSpace Service.
5. What personal data do we collect from you?
We have set out in the tables below the categories of personal data we collect and use about you:
Personal data collected when you sign up for the OneSpace Service
Personal data collected through your use of the OneSpace Service
Personal data collected with your permission that enables us to provide you with additional features/functionality
6. What do we use your personal data for?
When you use or interact with the OneSpace Service, we use a variety of technologies to process the personal data we collect about you for various reasons. We have set out in the table below the reasons why we process your personal data, the associated legal bases we rely upon to legally permit us to process your personal data, and the categories of personal data (identified in Section 5 ‘What personal data do we collect from you?’) used for these purposes:
If you require further information about the balancing test that OneSpace has undertaken to justify its reliance on the legitimate interest legal basis under the GDPR, please see Section 14 ‘How to contact us’ for further details on how to contact us.
7. Sharing your personal data
We have set out the categories of recipients of the personal data collected or generated through your use of the OneSpace Service.
Publicly available information
The following personal data may be publicly available on one or more of the OneSpace Services: your username and your watchlists.
Personal data you may choose to share
The following personal data will only be shared with the categories of recipients outlined in the table below if:
- you choose to make use of a specific OneSpace Service feature where sharing of particular personal data is required for the proper use of the OneSpace Service feature; or
- you grant us your permission to share the personal data, e.g. by selecting the appropriate setting in the OneSpace Service.
Learn more about how to manage notifications, your publicly available information, and what you share with others in the ‘Your rights and your preferences: Giving you choice and control’ Section 3 of this Policy.
Information we may share
8. Data retention and deletion
We keep your personal data only as long as necessary to provide you with the OneSpace Service and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of the OneSpace Service, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. We keep some of your personal data for as long as you are a user of the OneSpace Service. For example, we keep your watchlists and account information.
If you request, we will delete or anonymize your personal data so that it no longer identifies you, unless, we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal data, including situations such as the following:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary personal data until the issue is resolved;
- Where we are required to retain the personal data for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal data for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
9. Transfer to other countries
OneSpace may also subcontract processing to, or share your personal data with, third parties located in countries other than your home country. Your personal data, therefore, may be subject to privacy laws that are different from those in your country of residence.
Personal data collected within the European Union may, for example, be transferred to and processed by third parties located in a country outside of the European Union. In such instances OneSpace shall ensure that the transfer of your personal data is carried out in accordance with applicable privacy laws and, in particular, that appropriate contractual, technical, and organizational measures are in place such as the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the EU Commission.
For further details of the security measures we use to protect your personal data, please see the ‘Keeping your personal data safe’ Section 11 of this Policy.
We may display advertisements from third parties and other content that links to third-party websites. We cannot control or be held responsible for third parties’ privacy practices and content. If you click on a third-party advertisement or link, please understand that you are leaving the OneSpace Service and any personal data you provide will not be covered by this Policy. Please read their privacy policies to find out how they collect and process your personal data.
11. Keeping your personal data safe
We are committed to protecting our users’ personal data. We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to help protect the security of your personal data; however, please note that no system is ever completely secure. We have implemented various policies including pseudonymization, encryption, access, and retention policies to guard against unauthorized access and unnecessary retention of personal data in our systems.
Your password protects your user account, so we encourage you to use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after having used the OneSpace Service.
The OneSpace Service is not directed to children under the age of 13 years. However, in some countries, stricter age limits may apply under local law. Please see our Terms of Service for further details.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13 years or under the applicable age limit (the “Age Limit”). If you are under the Age Limit, please do not use the OneSpace Service, and do not provide any personal data to us.
If you are a parent of a child under the Age Limit and become aware that your child has provided personal data to OneSpace, please contact us using the ‘Contact Us’ form, and you may request exercise of your applicable rights detailed in this Policy.
If we learn that we have collected the personal data of a child under the age of 13 years, we will take reasonable steps to delete the personal data. This may require us to delete the OneSpace account for that child.
We may occasionally make changes to this Policy.
When we make material changes to this Policy, we’ll provide you with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances, e.g., by displaying a prominent notice within the OneSpace Service or by sending you an email. We may notify you in advance.
Please, therefore, make sure you read any such notice carefully.
If you want to find out more about this Policy and how OneSpace uses your personal data, please visit OneSpace.com to find out more.
14. How to contact us
33 Bronze Pointe, Suite 100
Swansea, IL. 62226
We hope you enjoy OneSpace!